Top 5 Things to Know Before Getting Braces
So, braces are in your future? They are something many people need or want at some point in their lifetime. You may be like me and need them in teenage years, you may have children who are needing them like my nephew, or you may be an adult and thought you might be able to get away without braces but now are realizing you need or want them. Don’t worry, good orthodontists are great at helping you get that great smile. Listed are the top 5 things to know before getting braces.
1. Braces are a long-term commitment. You may only have braces for a few months but generally, people wear braces for at least a year and sometimes over two years. It’s a long time, however, it’s worth it.
2. Just because your braces are off does not mean that your teeth will never move again. That’s right. That’s what I learned from Utah Smiles. Some sort of retainer to keep your teeth where they were adjusted to is needed or they will slowly revert back to where they began.
3. Orthodontic treatment can be done at any age. Although there may be an optimal time to adjust the teeth, orthodontists are trained to handle adjustments for any patient.
4. Although any orthodontist can provide Invisalign, there are some that have gone through training to be a Premier Provider of Invisalign. Dr. Parker of Utah Smiles is one in the top 5 percent of premier providers. This award means that selected doctors, like Dr. Parker, provide their patients with extraordinary experience and treatment results.
5. Get a free consultation before you begin this huge step in your life. At the consultation, you will get an idea of what the process will be like, what needs to be done, what the fee will be, and you will be able to decide whether continuing with that doctor is the right move for you.